In a city like Austin, seasons change within a matter of minutes and protecting your car from the elements in a must. While you don’t need to detail your car once per week, doing so at least twice per year can help keep your vehicle in top shape and lengthen the lifespan of its paint, upholstery, and leather. Knowing what to get detailed is fairly simple, but finding a reputable detailing company that fits your needs and budget isn’t always as easy. So if you’re trying to find the best Austin mobile car detailer near you, here are some quick tips to vetting your options.
1. Check Online Reviews
One way to check out the best mobile car detailing in Austin is by heading over to Yelp or Google and searching for local car detailers. Look for Austin car detailers that provide high-end service day-in and day-out. An easy way to find this out is simply by finding the detailers with numerous high-star ratings. Keep in mind that not all low-star reviews are purely negative for performance reasons and sometimes you need to look past what others have said based off their reason for giving a low rating.
2. Check Local Forums
Another great way to find reputable Austin car detailers is heading over to local forums like Nextdoor, Reddit or Facebook groups. A lot of times people have asked for recommendations on local car detailers and you’ll find a lot of information about the best local setups. Look for specific reasons why people like the service and what they provided for them.
3. Call Around To Find A Good Fit
Once you’ve narrowed down a couple of options for your vehicle, call around to find out more information about their setup, scheduling, and prices. A lot of times you can find this information on their websites, but it may be confusing and not all detail jobs are a one-size-fits-all situation. If you have a high-end vehicle like a Ferrari or Lamborghini, you probably don’t want the discount detail shop that provides discounted, fast services. Find a service that spends as much time as possible and really looks at the detail job rather than rushing it. You’ll end up paying a little bit more for your detail, but one mistake can cause costly damage to your interior or exterior.
4. Detail Times & Scheduling
Another big thing you need to look for when it comes to finding a good car detailer is one that fits around your schedule. Mobile car detailing is great because you can work or hang out at home while they spend time on your vehicle, but you still need to make sure they can provide the services you need in a timely manner. Here at NuWash, we provide most of our detailing services on-site at office buildings in the Austin area because it allows customers to handle their work and drive home in a shiny, clean car.
Products and Services To Look For
When you’re choosing a mobile car detailer, you want to make sure they offer the services and products that you want done on your vehicle (and ideally some examples of past work). The time of year also plays a big role in the services that you want to look for, as certain months can be more detrimental for your vehicle. A lot of times these services are listed on their websites and proof of their work can be found via their social media and business listings on Yelp and Google. If not, give a call and ask what their process is for tackling a specific issue or need on your vehicle.
- Interior detailing is a delicate process if you have different fabrics like suede or higher-end leather, and not damaging them is of utmost importance.
- Ask what products are used on the seats and the process they have for removing stains.
- Steam Cleaning
- Steam cleaning is one of the best ways to get your vehicle’s interior back to new without the use of harsh chemicals. The best part about steam cleaning is the lack of scent you’ll notice after the service is completed. It’s also a great option for those prone to allergies as it removes a lot of the allergens from within your upholstery, carpet and seats.
- Pet Hair Removal
- Pet hair removal is a must, especially for Austin drivers, since Austin was named the 3rd most dog-friendly city in America. Pet hair removal is typically done with a few different tools, like pumice stones and vacuuming.
- Wax Options
- Wax provides a protective layer over your vehicle’s paint that should be reapplied every so often (depending on conditions).
- Ceramic Coatings
- Ceramic Coating (or Nano-Ceramic Coating) is a liquid polymer that is applied by hand to the exterior of a vehicle. A ceramic coating lasts between one year and five years, depending on application. The coating creates a layer of protection by chemically bonding with the vehicle’s factory paint. It’s one of the best ways to protect your vehicle
Schedule Austin Car Detailing Online In Minutes
At NuWash, we provide top-rated mobile car detailing in Austin. Our mobile car detailing techs provide on-site service at office, homes and apartments around the Austin metro area. Schedule a detail online in minutes using our online scheduling form, and manage your details on-the-go using the NuWash mobile app (Available for iOS & Android).